Sunday, May 10, 2009

One of My Favorite Places in the World

In March, my parents went up to New York to pack up my grandparents' house after they both moved into nursing homes. I stayed at the home of one of my closest friends for the week, which was a very fun experience. I, being a homeschooler, did school while my friend went to high school, and I kept her company in the evenings while she did homework. Her mom (who fed me very well) and I talked about various things throughout the day. I loved being at their bright, cheerful, eclectic house, which I tell them how much I like every time I go over. Here are a few pictures so you can get a feel for it.

The living room, with a few of its decorations (above and below).

A display in the basement. My friend's mom painted the picture. Check out her website, www.katerinasdesigns.com.

My friend loves cats, hence the awesome painting of tiger eyes in her room.

Again, the living room.